Since its inception in the late 1930s, CMB has been run by men and women of faith. The first pioneer was Alec Mersdorf, a non-medical missionary who saw a need to treat the cuts and maladies of her neighbors in La Pointe. From her examples of faith in action Centre Médical Béraca began.
Caroline Bradshaw, one of CMB's pioneer nurses, came to La Pointe in 1943 to augment the medical work of Mersdorf. Bradshaw, or "Miss Caro" as many called her, began the first dispensary under a palm thatched arbor on the mission property.
Other nurses and medical missionaries joined Bradshaw as the work increased, including Loretta Eberly, who ran the small hospital (later torn down to provide the space for CMB's new maternity ward) and began an informal nurses' training program. Other nurses included Neoma Snider, who supervised the pharmacy, and Clara Hess who ran the laboratory.
Dr. Orius Paultre was the first physician to join the staff at CMB in 1948 after completing his medical studies in Port-au-Prince. Dr. Paultre became the Medical Director of CMB, but also pursued his love of preaching the Word of God. During his time in La Pointe and at CMB, Dr. Paultre also served as Senior Pastor of the L’Eglise Béraca and Director of the Béraca Christian High School. He would have been 100 years old on June 2, 2018 if he was still living.